I've been feeling a little down in the dumps lately. I'm just going through one of those times where everything feels like it's falling apart around me. So many bad things are happening to good people and it's so hard to understand why. The world is in such a crazy place and maybe I'm just coming to grips that I'm an adult and life is HARD. But, I was listening to the radio today and the following song came on...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I Will Rise
Chris Tomlin
There's a peace I've come to know
Though my heart and flesh may fail
There's an anchor for my soul
I can say, "it is well"
Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead
Chorus:
I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God, fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise
There's a day that's drawing near
When this darkness breaks to light
And the shadows disappear
And my faith shall be my eyes
And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "worthy is the Lamb"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In my heart, I know. There are so many people out there who doubt the power of God and that his hand is in everything, good and bad. But you know what, why should I be expected to doubt something that fills my heart with so much joy, so much hope, so much peace and so much love. So this is me, rising up, knowing that God is with me and will take care of me and is the one true thing that I know in my life. I am truly blessed. I have an amazing husband, who I don't know how I could live without, I have an amazing daughter, who is truly a gift from God, and the most amazing family and friends. It's not that good things only happen to people who know God. Trust me, I know people with the biggest faith out there who have had horrible things happen to them. It's just that when those good things happen, I know who to thank. And when bad things happen, I know who to cry out to, to ask for help. And that is truly my peace.
2 comments:
Nicely said Heather! :)
Amen Heather! Thanks for being so honest and sincere with your thoughts! =)
Post a Comment