16/17 - age we were when we started dating
5 - years we dated before getting married
11 - months we were engaged
8 - years we have been married
14 - years we have been together
72 - years of marriage between my parents and Matt's parents (can you believe that??? we are so blessed to have TWO incredible examples of marriage)
10 - times we have moved together
3 - states we have lived in together
2 - number of precious children we have
4 - number of times we have been to Hawaii together (we LOVE Hawaii!)
1 - number of major league baseball games we have been to together (I know, crazy huh?!)
hundreds - number of minor league, college and high school baseball games we have been to together (well, I guess not really together, more like me watching and him playing:)
thousands - number of times we have hugged, kissed, said "I love you"
forever - time we will be together
Today we are celebrating 8 years of marriage. We have had many lows, many more highs and I'm so thankful that I've been with my best friend for every single one. I am incredibly blessed that God chose Matt to be my husband because he is absolutely perfect for me and is the best husband (and father) I could ever dream of.
I love you more than words can describe Matt! Happy anniversary!
And just for some laughs (and embarrassment for each of us) here is our first picture together, Horizon homecoming junior year. (try not to laugh!)
2 comments:
What a great post! Happy Anniversary! I love the new photo and look of your blog! :)
OH. MY. GOSH.
that picture just made my day!!!!
Post a Comment