Tuesday, December 21, 2010

5 Months Old!


Sienna Faith,
My sweet baby girl it has been 5 months since you came into the world and I can't believe how much you have changed. This month was BIG, lots of things happened!

First of all, you started eating food other than milk :) We gave you rice cereal and you did pretty good the first time. You are definitely still 'learning' to eat from a spoon and push a lot of it out with your tongue but once a day I think you are enjoying this change of taste and texture. We will start some fruits and veggies in the next couple of weeks and I can't wait to see how you do. I'm hoping that it helps with your spitting up, which you still do a TON and all the time (I can't remember when that got better with Allie)

We also brought out the Exersaucer and you LOVE it! It is definitely your favorite place to play now. From the very first time we put you in it, you grabbed at all of the toys and even spun yourself around. You look so grown up in it (which does make me a little sad though)

You are definitely turning into a major pacifier girl. I know that's a good thing and a bad thing but right now I'll take it. If you wake up in the middle of a nap, all I have to do is stick your paci in your mouth and you'll fall right back asleep until it's time to wake up. It has definitely helped keep your naps long.

Speaking of sleep, that's been a bit of a rollercoaster. During the day you are doing GREAT! You went from 4 naps down to 2 pretty quick, and not because of lack of sleep, but because you sleep so well! I usually have to wake you after 2 hours in the morning and then you nap for at least 3 hours in the afternoon. So there isn't even time anymore for the 3rd nap. But nighttime is a different story. You have decided that you are so over sleeping through the night and are getting up once to eat most nights. The time you wake up is all over the place and sometimes after I feed you you are still WIDE awake. Don't get me wrong, you go right back in your crib when you are done but sometimes I hear you talking to yourself in your room (in the pitch dark) for a while. Oh well, it's hard to get upset with you at 4:00 in the morning when I get to see your sweet smiling face for a little while and you always wake up soooo happy in the morning and after your naps so I guess I will take it.

You are done with your swaddle too. I was keeping you swaddled under your arms for a while just to keep you warm but it's been like a thousand degrees here lately so there is no need for that at all. You always sleep with your arms above your head which is sooo cute.

You continue to love your baths. We had to move your baby tub into the big bathtub because you kick so much and were getting us (and half of the kitchen) soaked! (thank you for your perfectly placed foot in this picture:)

Your sister is still your best friend and you smile at her everytime you see her.

You also went to the zoo for the first time, had your first sleepover with both Memaw and Dodad AND Grammy and Tompa, sat on Santa's lap, visited daddy at work and are really loving to use your vocal cords :)

You are such a sweet girl, Sienna. You smile and giggle all of the time and we just love having you in our lives!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

So cute! Just makes me even more excited for our baby girl! BTW, love the girls' monkey pj's!

Wayne & Shawna said...

So sweet! Hard to believe she is 5 months already!!