Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2.5


Where has time gone??? Seriously? Allie is two and a half years old today and I am just in awe. Our little girl has been in our lives for a quarter of a decade. Sometimes it feels like so long ago that I held her in my arms for the first time and sometimes it feels like yesterday. I have been blessed with the most amazing little girl in the world. Every day she makes me smile, she makes me laugh, she makes me proud and she makes me fall on my knees thanking God for picking me to be her mom. She is the daughter that I dreamed of and she is mine (and now I have TWO, I still can't believe it!). Here is what my first princess is up to at 2 1/2 years old...

She still has not ONE TIME gotten out of her bed either at night or naps. We switched her to a big girl bed at 21 months and that was one of my biggest fears but she has been amazing!

She's an amazing sleeper sleeping about 13 hours a night. She only naps about 80% of the time, but when she doesn't sleep, she lays happily in her bed talking and/or singing for two hours until I get her up. It is really funny listening to her sometimes.

She is still a thumb 'sucker'. Fortunately she doesn't actually suck her thumb, she just sticks it in her mouth and flutters her tongue on it so I don't think we are going to have to worry about buck teeth! But she only does it when she is tired and has her 'b' (blanket)

She is NOT a morning person and we have learned NOT to wake her up from sleeping. Allie takes after her momma and loves to sleep but does not love to be woken up. She needs 'me' time in the mornings for a little bit until she's ready to face the day.



She has recently learned her 'whole' name and it's so cute to hear her say Allie Grace Abram. She constantly asks what everyone else's 'whole' name is now. A couple weeks ago she looked at me and said 'you are Mommy Grace Abram'. It was so cute.

When you ask her who her best friend is she rotates between mommy, Sienna and Tom Brady (seriously)

She is definitely a daddy's girl but is FINALLY in a major mommy phase right now. She was never very clingy with me when she was a baby but the past several months she constantly wants me (and I LOVE it:)

She is in a phase right now where she tells me (and Matt) that she loves us about every 10 minutes.

She also constantly asks us 'what are you doing?' I don't know where the heck it came from and sometimes it drives me insane because she'll ask me 12 times when I'm doing the same thing but I guess she just needs to be kept in the loop.



She definitely knows how to use her charm because when she wants something she will ask and follow it up by 'it will make me so happy'. And of course we are suckers so as soon as she says that we do whatever she wants. haha

She finally learned how to pedal her tricycle that she got for her birthday and two times she has ridden up to the elementary school in our neighborhood and back - it is 1.2 miles and she rode the whole way by herself! (I don't mean alone, Matt was jogging with her of course but he never once had to help her or hold her)

She is still the world's pickiest eater! No pizza, chicken nuggets, hot dogs, meat, cupcakes or even ice cream for this girl! I recently bought a book on how to deal with picky eaters, hopefully someday I'll have time to read it! ha!



Her favorite books are Thank you Prayer, I Love You Through and Through, Whoever You Are and Goodnight Moon.

Her favorite cartoons are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Dora.

She loves to read, do puzzles, color, play dress up, watch cartoons, play outside and cuddle.

She can say her ABC's and count to 20 (except she almost always forgets 17, oh well, that number isn't important right?:)

She is potty trained yet she still wears a pull up at night and at naptime (although 90% of the time she wakes up dry so pretty soon we are going to go panties 100% of the time. Yikes! So grown up!)

She is super tall and a skinny minny. Size 2T pants are usually not long enough but 3T falls off of her little waist. Such a change from our chunky baby - where did her rolls go???


She is the sweetest big sister, she's really into talking to Sienna and either laying or sitting next to her. It just melts my heart watching the two of them interact.

She talks CONSTANTLY! She never really went through the babbling phase, always enunciated very well, and that continues. She is totally like a little person - who most days NEVER STOPS TALKING! (trust me, it's exhausting sometimes!)

She can't wait to go to school. I'm going to start looking at preschools soon and will hopefully find one that fits. I know she is going to LOVE it!

She has beautiful long hair, gorgeous blue eyes, a sweet smile, a kind spirit, a caring heart and an adorable laugh. I am so blessed to have Allie as my daughter!

3 comments:

Meredith said...

Aww she looks soooo grown up in those pictures. Beautiful girl!!

Wayne & Shawna said...

Awwww I remember you bringing her home! I can't believe she is 2 1/2 already!! She is such a beautiful little girl and Cole can't wait to fight Ty for her! LOL (or Sienna)

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

Oh Allie, what a beautiful little lady you are becoming...love you guys!