Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Preschool Countdown

In just two short weeks my little girl is going to be going to preschool! Yes, I said preschool, it's just unbelievable! And I'm not sure it's possible but I think she may be just as excited as I am. :)
I feel like this starts a completely new chapter in our lives. From this moment and for the next (hopefully at least) 18years or so she will be in school, learning from teachers, making friends and away from me :( As much as that last part makes me sad, I know it's a part of life and (I think) I'm ready to imbrace it. (Don't get me wrong, many tears will be shed on that first day/week!) But it does help that I LOVE her preschool. It is exactly what I was looking for and exactly what I wanted. And Allie loves it too...especially the little potties they have in the bathroom :)
She knows it's coming soon so I decided to make a preschool countdown chain (after she started asking me EVERY day, "Mommy, when do I get to go to school?") Allie helped me make it and every morning when she wakes up, we go downstairs and I give her the scissors and she gets to cut a link off of the chain. And she always says "It's getting shorter mommy, I get to go to school in this many days!" Yay and boo!


2 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

Nooo not yet! I feel like you just had her...
That is a really cute way to count down her days, I remember when I was a little kid I loved those chains.
What school did you pick for her??

Meredith said...

Awww she's growing up too fast!