Friday, June 29, 2012

Dollhouse Reno

I had one of those 'Jack of all Trades' Grandpa's.  He could fix anything, build anything, solve anything, clean anything.  Really, he could do anything.  I think I have a little of him in me, I am definitely the 'fix it' person in my household (sorry honey, but you'd admit that you fix things by dialing a phone number:)  I only wish my grandpa was around longer to teach me more.  Luckily I have two VERY handy parents and a handy brother who helps us out a lot :)

When I was little, my grandpa made me a dollhouse.  It kept me busy for hours and hours.  It's one of those toys that you don't truly appreciate until you are older.  I'm SO lucky that my mom kept that dollhouse!  It was sitting at my parent's house for years and years and then sat at our house in the garage for the past 5 years.  Both of my girl's birthday's are next month and what better gift to give them than a dollhouse.  I think they are at a perfect age (Sienna may be a little young but I think she'll still love it)

I seriously haven't seen it for over 10 years (it was boxed up pretty good).  Just last week I took it out of the box with the intention of re-furbishing it.  Lots of memories flooded back when I saw it and I just felt overwhelmed with appreciation that my grandpa made it for me!  I am having so much fun fixing it up and I can't wait until it's complete.  Check out the before...




Stay tuned!

No comments: