Amidst all the craziness Matt and I celebrated our 10 year wedding anniversary on September 21st! I know I failed miserably on our date night posts. We did, for the most part, continue to have a date night each month and had so much fun talking about the past. One of these days I promise I will catch up.
But actually today is a very special day too because 15 years ago TODAY (yes, 15!) the boy that I would later call my husband kissed me for the first time. And 11 years ago TODAY he asked me to marry him (in the exact same spot we had kissed for the first time 4 years earlier-yes, my hubby has a very good memory:) We call this day our second anniversary of sorts.
Matt and I have gone through sooooo much in these last 10 years of our marriage...moving, being apart (a lot!), finishing school, getting jobs, quitting jobs, getting new jobs, deaths of friends and family, infertility, PREGNANCY!, having our two precious girls....lots and lots of ups and downs but there is not a single person out there that I would rather have by my side than Matt. He knows me inside-out, better than anyone else. He knows exactly what to say to me, he knows when to challenge me and he knows when to totally leave me alone :) I seriously couldn't ask for a better husband than him and I am thankful each and every day that God choose him to be my husband. 10 years seems like such a long time but I hope and pray that it is only a blip on our timeline together.
The only thing that I'm sad about our wedding is that we have NO digital pictures. Yes, we got married before the 'digital' age (talk about making me feel old!) But I do have some pictures that we had scanned from friends. Matt and I have had fun this last month looking through these pictures, our wedding album and we even watched our wedding video (on a VHS tape!) I am so thankful for these years we have had together and am so looking forward to the years to come!
I love you Matt Abram! I am so blessed to be your wife!
No comments:
Post a Comment