Thursday, August 6, 2009

The 'I hate it, I just hate it' haircut

Those of you who have been around Allie know that she's a pretty content little girl. Of course she has her occasional meltdowns and periods of fussiness, but for the most part she is on the easy/laid back/ happy end of the baby spectrum. Unless, of course, during the important, only happens once, times of her life. For instance, her first birthday...cried pretty much through her entire party. Our family photo shoot...let's just pray that there's at least one picture where she doesn't have a look of devastation on her face (we haven't gotten the pictures back yet so I'm still a little scared). And then there was today...her first haircut. Seriously, you wouldn't think that an event where she got to sit in a fun chair, in a fun barber shop, watching a fun movie would cause her world to come crumbling down, but of course it did! But I suppose once again, I'll just chalk the experience up to more fun memories because the pictures are hilarious! Please witness this traumatic event below...

It started right away, as soon as the guy put the cape on her, the tears started coming down...


There was a momentary pause when we offered Allie some Cheerios (aka, the magic snack)...

But the magic didn't last long...

I hate it mommy, he took way too much off the sides!...

Memories!!! Gotta love em!

4 comments:

Wayne & Shawna said...

She just needed Matt to be there making those goofy moves like that one video you had of him behind the camera in the chair! LOL

Heather @ my peanut butter cups said...

Seriously belly-laughing right now -- and I am SO sorry Allie that it is at your expense -- but I love these shots! I know, I know not a very nice mommy-friend, but Heather her scowl is just priceless! I can just see a slide-show for her sweet-sixteen or graduation or some other momentous celebration where she is like "Mo-um not these photos again!" Love it!

Amanda said...

Ok....I know that Allie is seriously one of the easiest babie's I've known, but these photos are classic. I laughed outloud when I saw these, probably because I had the context of her first birthday replaying in my mind. The poor girl just gets a little frustrated sometimes. Ha! I can't wait to see the cut at Bella's B-day! :)

Meredith said...

I'm totally laughing out loud right now! Her face is priceless!