Monday, February 21, 2011

Father Daughter Dance

There's something so special about the relationship between dads and daughters. I, for one, have a fabulous father with whom I have so very many memories that just him and I share. He makes me feel special like no one else can, I look up to him and I know that without a doubt he would be there for me in a second if I needed him (as he has been MANY times throughout my life). I am so glad that I have not one, but two girls that get to have that special kind of relationship with their dad, and what a fabulous one he is too! Last year Matt took Allie to a father daughter dance at our church. It still totally touches my heart thinking about it because I did not suggest it to him nor did anyone else, he just saw it on the Highlands website and told me he wanted to take Allie. It was just adorable that he came up with it on his own. Well, it's an annual thing so he wanted to take Allie again this year. They both got all dressed up, Matt took Allie to Charleston's for dinner just the two of them, then they danced the night away (broken ribs and all!). He said she literally danced for two and a half hours straight, she had such a good time! I completely forgot to give Matt the camera so I only have a picture from before they left but what a cute daddy and daugher they are! (He already said he's so excited to be able to take Allie AND Sienna next year:)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Awww that's too sweet! I can't wait for Lee to get to experience that with Ellis.