Thursday, April 21, 2011

9 Months Old!!!


Sienna Faith,

You are nine months old today! I can't believe that you have exceeded the amount of time that you were in my belly. Those were nine great months (aside from the morning sickness, puking, fatigue, reflux, discomfort, contractions, etc, etc, etc. haha) But these past nine months have been even better!

You are totally mobile now. Not with crawling, but with rolling. It is your new favorite thing. You roll all over the place and also, rotate all over the place. You are definitely trying really hard to crawl. If a toy is out of your reach you stretch so hard to get to it, try to roll to it, and then get REALLY frustrated if you can't get it. But I have a feeling it's going to happen soon. You still love to sit up and play with toys, you are losing interest in your excersaucer but you'll tolerate it for a while and you LOVE going on walks and swinging.

You are sleeping and napping great. 12-13 hours a night, a two hour nap in the morning and 2-3 hour nap in the afternoon. You went through a phase for several nights were waking up in the middle of the night crying (which I blame on teething) but luckily you are back to normal. You continue to wake up so happy, talking and playing in your crib until I come and get you, I just love the smiles I get when I walk into your room :) Your paci also buys me some time too, especially since some mornings you will find it, put it in your mouth and fall back asleep! You also started sleeping on your tummy now. I'm surprised it took you this long but you are still a bigger fan of sleeping on your back.

Again, still no teeth. Your sister was almost 10 months old when she got your first tooth so if you take after her then this will be the month. I know things are moving around in there because you have had many, many 'teething' moments so I am just waiting for them to pop through.

You continue to eat great. You get fruit and oatmeal for breakfast, fruit and/or veggie for lunch and a meat meal for dinner. You aren't a fan of the meats (maybe because I'm not making those meals. I love that you love my cooking/pureeing:) but you tolerate them. And boy are you loving your PUFFS! They are by far your favorite part of mealtime and you've mastered getting them into your mouth. You've also had several mum mums which you devour as well.

You've learned to play peek-a-boo and love it. It's so cute to see you hold a burp cloth or blanket up over your face. You will also put your hands above your head when we say 'sooooo big' (well, that happens about 60% of the time!) You love being interacted with (you are not a fan of being alone!)


I love you my sweet baby, you bring so much joy to my life!

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Ah I just want to squeeze her! What a cute little chunker!