Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nesting Boxes

A very good family friend of Matt's side gave me an amazing sewing book when I was pregnant with Sienna. I spent hours looking through it picking out what I wanted to make. But unfortunately as it goes, I had little time while getting ready for Sienna to be born and had little time after Sienna was born.
Well, now that both girls are a little older, I feel like I have no more excuses. And to be honest another big reason I put off making something from the book was that I was totally intimidated by it. I do think I'm a decent seamstress, but my projects are pretty simple and pretty easy to create. The projects in this book are amazing but very complex!
Unfortunately my soon to be nephew has been my guinea pig for some new things that I've done lately so I decided I might as well give something in the book a try for him.
From a young age, Allie loved containers - to stack on top of each other and stack inside each other. So that's what I made for baby T, nesting boxes. They are very stiff, so they can be stacked, but very soft so they can be knocked down and not cause any loud noises or bruises. I searched and searched for fabric but I couldn't find enough that I liked so I decided to make them out of mens dress shirts (bought at Goodwill and yes I washed them, twice:) I think they turned out pretty cute and hopefully my sweet nephew will like playing with them :)



(I hope I made you proud Leslie! I promise I will be making more things from my awesome book!:)

1 comment:

Wayne & Shawna said...

Those look great! I can't believe you made them from shirts! Oh by the way I wanted to see if I could buy some of the pacifier holders from you? Maybe in blue?