So can you tell I've had some time on my hands lately???? Actually, besides running around with a 15 month old (which you know is no easy task), I promise I've kept up with my mother/wife duties...cleaning, cooking, organizing, laundry, etc. All of which never seem to end or be completed. However, Matt and I have made a committment this month of a 'spending freeze'. We are really trying to be good with money and get back on track since his short stint of unemployment this summer. So, with that decision, I've had to really watch the amount of shopping I do. And that means no random morning runs to Target to just 'walk around'. No running into Marshalls to look for one specific thing I need only to leave with 5 things I don't. So in order to keep me busy at home so that I am not tempted to run to my favorite stores, I've been doing some fun things at home. I was inspired as I was looking through a J Crew catalog by this shirt...

And since I have so much t-shirt fabric left over from some other projects, I thought I would try to re-create it. What do you think???

I had this old gray shirt lying around so I just took a few strips of black fabric, made a bunch of ruffles, and formed some flowers. It was really fun to do and best of all it was totally FREE!!! It is by NO means Project Runway worthy, but I think it's pretty cute.
4 comments:
That is super cute!
Awesome!! I think you should sell all of this cool stuff you make...and send me some :-)
That is great Heather! I agree that you should try to sell some of the things you make.... and I take a large in shirts...:)
that is soo cute!
Post a Comment