I have to say that I'm so proud of myself! (Sorry, I am on a high horse right now!) I finished my second T-shirt quilt and I think it turned out great. Back in college I got this idea from a friend (thank you Mere) to create a quilt out of old t-shirts. I had so many from high school...school events, church events, etc...that I just couldn't bear to throw away and knowing that I was going to be moving around a lot in the coming years, I just had no place to store them either. So I made a quilt and LOVE it (It kept me very warm during MANY baseball games!) Well, for seriously about 5 years now, I've wanted to make Matt one with all of his t-shirts from his baseball days. I always got so hyped up to start it but then when I remembered how LONG it takes to make one, I never started. But a couple weeks ago I told myself that I just HAD to do it so I did!!! It was really hard to get Matt to part with some of his (hundreds) of old t-shirts but I managed to get some from high school, college, summer ball and each year in the minors. I really hope this is something that will help him remember those days for years to come! I think it turned out great! Okay, I will get off my soap box now!
Here is the stack of t-shirts I used...
And here is the finished product! (It helped that all of his team colors always had either red or blue - the one I made myself doesn't match this well!)
I used a really soft black jersey cotton for the border and the back...
4 comments:
Looks awesome!!!
What a neat idea! I would do that for Wayne, but he wears his shirts until there are more holes than material left! LOL
Ok that is awesome! I have a stack of some of Blake's firefighter shirts that I intend on making him one of these! I just need to do like what you did and find time to do it! You have motivated me! Thanks!
that's awesome!!
Post a Comment